Application for Exhibition space [ Agreement ]
Four steps to book a booth space.
- First, please agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Agreement after read it carefully, and move to the next page to fill in the required information.
- We will send you a copy of your application for your company authorisation.
- Please send back the application form after it has been signed by your authorised company representative to the organizer by e-mail or FAX.
- The contract will be concluded when the promotion office sends the confirmation receipt of the application form and invoice by e-mail or post.
Agreement on Terms and Conditions of Participation
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Tourism EXPO Japan 2023
As one of the leading tourism events in the world, Tourism EXPO Japan offers an occasion for the travel industry and various industry stakeholders to come together around the focal point of tourism and promote overseas, domestic and inbound travel, revitalization of the regions, and the growth and development of the participating organizations. In order to do this, it provides opportunities for discussion and sharing expertise, a venue for exhibitions and business talks, promotions for consumers, test marketing and much more, aiming to develop tourism as a peace industry and excluding any religious, ideological, racial or otherwise political statements.
This agreement applies to the contract that has been concluded between Japan Travel and Tourism Association, Japan Association of Travel Agents (hereinafter referred to as the “Exhibition organizers”) and those wishing to exhibit at Tourism EXPO Japan (hereinafter referred to as the “Applicant”).
Article 1: EXHIBITION APPLICATION AND FORMATION OF THE EXHIBITION AGREEMENT
- To apply for exhibition, those who wish to exhibit (hereinafter referred to as the “Applicant”), shall, after understanding the purpose of the exhibition and consenting to the contents of this Agreement, fill out the specified exhibition application form with the required information, affix the signature of a representative to the form and send it (via email attachment, fax or mail) to “Tourism EXPO Japan Promotion Office” (hereinafter referred to as the “Promotion office”) established by the Exhibition organizers.
- An Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) will be deemed to have been formed at the point when, after taking receipt of the exhibition application and confirming and examining its contents, the Exhibition organizers send a notice of acceptance (via email attachment) to the Applicant. Furthermore, the Exhibitor (the Applicant with whom this Agreement is made, the same hereinafter) shall retain a copy of the notice of acceptance affixed with the signature of the Exhibition organizers, and be able to present it to the Exhibition organizers when necessary.
- Should the Exhibition organizers deem it necessary to investigate the Applicant to determine acceptance of the Applicant's application, the Applicant shall provide documentation and cooperation with the investigation as directed by the Exhibition organizers.
- The closing date for exhibition applications shall be Wednesday, May 31, 2023, and applications must arrive no later than this date. However, when, on a first come, first served basis, the exhibition spaces (hereinafter referred to as a “booth”) are fully allocated, no more applications will be accepted, even if they arrive before the closing date. Alternatively, if any booths are still available on and after Thursday, June 01, 2023, the Exhibition organizers may consider accepting additional applications.
- If the Exhibitor wishes to exhibit jointly with a co-exhibitor (hereinafter referred to as the
“Sub-exhibitor”), the Exhibitor shall, with the consent of the Exhibition organizers, register any and all
Sub-exhibitors. Moreover, the Exhibitor shall bear responsibility for all Sub-exhibitors.
Applications and questions should be directed to:Tourism EXPO Japan Promotion Office
c/o Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA)
Zen-Nittsu Kasumigaseki Bldg. 4F
3-3-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0013, JAPAN
Tel: +81-(0)3-5510-2004, Fax: +81-(0)3-5510-2012
Article 2: QUALIFYING EXHIBITORS
- Only groups and companies satisfying the following conditions who understand the objectives of the Showcase and
who can manage and decorate their booths in line with these objectives shall be able to exhibit at this
- Travel companies
- Tourist bureaus and embassies
- Government agencies and local governments
- Transportation organizations (e.g. airlines, railways, buses, cruises and rental car companies)
- Accommodation facilities (e.g. hotels)
- Tour operators, travel industry support IT companies and travel-related media
- Food and drink businesses related to travel
- Other groups and companies deemed to be appropriate by the Exhibition organizers
Article 3: REJECTION OF AN EXHIBITION APPLICATION
- Regardless of whether an Applicant falls under one of the organizations or companies specified in the
preceding article, should the Exhibition organizers deem any of the reasons listed below to apply to the
Exhibitor's business activities, they may refuse participation in the exhibition without disclosure of reasons,
before or after the conclusion of this Agreement.
- If the Exhibition organizers determine the business activities to have little relevancy to tourism.
- If the exhibit concerns countries or regions for which a warning of Level 3 (“Avoid all travel”) or above in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' overseas travel safety information has been issued.
- If the Exhibition organizers determine that there is a danger the applicant's exhibit may lead to damage to visitors' life, health, property, reputation, etc.
- If the Exhibition organizers determine the business activities to fall under anti-social forces.
- If the Exhibition organizers determine the business activities to be unsuitable for exhibition on any other reasonable grounds.
Article 4: PROHIBITION ON SUBLEASING
- The Exhibitor may not transfer or loan, in full or in part, the rights to the booth they have been permitted to use by the Exhibition organizers on the basis of this Agreement to another party (regardless of whether a transfer or loan fee is paid).
- Exhibitors may not transfer their rights and obligations under this Agreement to a third party.
Article 5: BILLING AND PAYMENT OF THE EXHIBITION FEE
- The invoice of the exhibition fee shall be sent after Wednesday, February 01, 2023.
- The Exhibitor, after receipt of an invoice shall, within the specified payment period (one month from the billing date), pay in full the exhibition fee stated on the invoice, either by cash transfer to a designated bank account or by sending a check made payable to Japan Association of Travel Agents. Further, if there is less than one month until the exhibition, the due date for payment will be one week before the first day of the exhibition.
- Should payment of the exhibition fee set forth in the preceding clause be delayed, the Exhibitor shall pay a
yearly 14.6% (calculated pro rata over 365 days) late charge to the Exhibition organizers.
Bank transfers should be made to:Name of Account:Japan Association of Travel Agents
Name of Bank:Mizuho Bank, Marunouchi Branch (SWIFT No. MHCBJPJT)
Address of Bank:1-5-5 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8176, Japan
Account No.:Ordinary 2498554
Bank drafts should be sent to:Tourism EXPO Japan Promotion Office
c/o Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA)
Zen-Nittsu Kasumigaseki Bldg. 4F
3-3-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0013, JAPAN
Tel: +81-(0)3-5510-2004, Fax: +81-(0)3-5510-2012
- All payments shall be made in Japanese yen unless otherwise permitted by the exhibition organizer.
- In the event the exhibition organizer permits payment in a currency other than Japanese yen, the exhibitor shall pay JPY10,000 to the exhibition organizer as a foreign currency invoice fee in addition to the exhibition fee. That foreign currency shall be either US dollars or euros. The rate at the time of the invoice shall apply.
- In the event the exhibitor makes a payment in a currency other than Japanese yen despite not being permitted to do so by the exhibition organizer and the exhibition organizer then suffers a loss due to the currency exchange when the money arrives in its designated bank account, the exhibitor shall pay JPY 50,000 to the exhibition organizer as a penalty fee.
- For international transfers, please make sure to write the invoice number in the recipient information section of the overseas transfer request form.
- All bank transfer fees shall be paid by the Exhibitor.
- If all or part of the requested fee is unpaid, the Exhibitor will not be issued the exhibitor pass or vehicle pass necessary for exhibit preparation. In addition, they will not be able to purchase advertising media or apply for the rental equipment necessary for construction and preparation.
Article 6: CANCELLATION OF THE AGREEMENT AND CANCELLATION FEES
- If the Exhibitor wishes to cancel this Agreement, they shall send a cancellation notice in writing including ①
the Exhibitor’s name, ② the signature of the Exhibitor’s representative, ③
the name and contact information of the person in charge, ④ the date and time of the cancellation request and ⑤
the reason for the cancellation.
The Agreement may be canceled upon the arrival of the aforementioned cancellation notice with the Exhibition
organizers (hereinafter referred to as the “cancellation date”). The cancellation fee will be charged as
follows, depending on cancellation date.
- For cancellations made before the application deadline, the cancellation fee will not apply.
- For cancellations made between the day after the application deadline and the day prior to the Exhibitor Explanatory Meeting, 30% of the total exhibition fees will be required as a cancellation fee.
- For cancellations made between the day of the Exhibitor Explanatory Meeting and a date corresponding to 60 days prior to the day before the first day of the Exhibition, 50% of the total exhibition fees will be required as a cancellation fee.
- For cancellations made after a date corresponding to 60 days prior to the first day of the Exhibition, 100% of the total exhibition fees will be required as a cancellation fee.
Article 7: ANNULMENT OF THE AGREEMENT
- Even after the formation of this Agreement, if the Exhibition organizers have grounds to refuse participation
in accordance with the provisions in Article 3, or in any of the following circumstances, the Exhibition
organizers reserve the right to annul this Agreement without notice.
- If all or part of the exhibition fee is not paid before the due date for payment
- If the Exhibitor violates the terms of this Agreement
- If the Exhibitor uses the booth for purposes other than those intended
- If the Exhibitor violates the rules set forth in the exhibition guidelines of this Agreement (Article 17), the exhibition manual, or the exhibition outline.
- If the Exhibitor's conduct brings the Exhibition organizers into disrepute.
- If the Exhibitor does not follow the instructions of the Exhibition organizers
- If, for any other reason, it can be reasonably deemed that a relationship of mutual trust between the Exhibitor and the Exhibition organizers has been breached
- In the event that the preceding items apply to the Exhibitor, the Exhibition organizers reserve the right to immediately remove the Exhibitor from the exhibition venue. In this case, use of the booth and space of the Exhibitor concerned shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Exhibition organizers.
- If the Agreement is annulled under the provisions of clause 1, neither any exhibition fees which have already been paid nor any associated costs will be refunded.
- The provisions of clause 1 and the preceding clause do not preclude claims for damages by the Exhibition organizers against the Exhibitor.
Article 8: GUARANTOR DOCUMENTATION FOR EXHIBITORS AND VISA POLICY
- The Exhibition organizers will not issue a letter of guarantor for any exhibitor. It is the responsibility of the individual exhibitors to obtain the necessary documents to enter Japan. Exhibitors are advised that the stated cancellation and cancellation fees policy applies in accordance with the provisions of Article 6 in the event that the Exhibitor cannot obtain the necessary documents to enter Japan. For details of visa requirements to enter Japan, please refer to the website of the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html
Article 9: ALLOCATION AND ARRANGEMENT OF BOOTHS
- The Exhibition organizers, upon confirmation of payment of the exhibition fee set forth in Article 5, will allocate and arrange the exhibition booths.
- The Exhibitor will entrust the allocation and arrangement of the booths to the sole discretion of the Exhibition
※ After the booth allocations are announced (scheduled for the exhibitor explanatory meeting), the Exhibition organizers cannot accept any request from the Exhibitor for a change of booth location. However, changes to the booths may be made after the announcement due to venue circumstances, etc.
- The Exhibition organizers shall, as far as possible, provide exhibitors who have applied for an exhibition space or booth over 72 square meters with an island space (a booth open on all four sides).
Article 10: BOOTH CHANGES AFTER ARRANGEMENT
- If, after the initial placement of the booths, there are changes such as additions to or reductions in the number of booths, the allocation and arrangement of booths determined under Article 9 shall become temporarily invalid. In the event of an increase to the number of booths, a charge proportional to the increase will be made, and in the event of a reduction in the number of booths, the Exhibition organizers reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee proportional to the reduction based on Article 6.
Article 11. EVENT CANCELLATION DUE TO FORCE MAJEURE
- In any of the circumstances listed in the following items, the Exhibition organizers may cancel the Exhibition
and events to be held at the Exhibition or suspend service.
- If unavoidable circumstances occur due to a force majeure event not attributable to the Exhibition organizers, including natural disaster, spread of an epidemic, war, civil unrest, terrorist attack, strike, lock-out, transportation or communication line accident, and administrative order or regulation.
- If the Exhibition organizers determine that it is not appropriate to hold the event.
- The Exhibition organizers shall refund to the Exhibitor the Exhibition fee already paid according to the below
rate depending on the time when the cancellation was made but only when the cancellation of the event or the
suspension of services was due to the items outlined in the preceding clause. However, this shall not apply in
the event of bad faith or negligence on the part of the Exhibitor concerned.
- For cancellations made up until the application deadline, 100% of the total exhibition fees will be refunded.
- For cancellations made between the day after the exhibition application deadline and the day of the Exhibitor Explanatory Meeting, 50% of the total exhibition fees will be refunded.
- For cancellations made between the day after the Exhibitor Explanatory Meeting and until a date corresponding to 60 days prior to the day before the first day of the Exhibition, 30% of the total exhibition fees will be refunded.
- For cancellations made between a date corresponding to 60 days prior to the first day of the Exhibition and 2 days prior to the first day of the Exhibition, 10% of the total exhibition fees will be refunded.
- For cancellations made after the day prior to the first day of the Exhibition, none of the total exhibition fees will be refunded.
- With regard to the preceding clause, when the Exhibitor has yet to pay the total exhibition fees, the Exhibitor shall pay to the Exhibition organizers the remaining amount from which the refund in the preceding clause has been deducted from the total exhibition fees (should late charges be applicable, they shall be added)
- Except for clause 2, the Exhibition organizers shall bear no responsibility to compensate the Exhibitor for any damages caused by a cancellation and a cancellation of events to be held at the Exhibition as well as suspension of services in the cases outlined in each item in Clause 1.
Article 12: OBLIGATIONS AND EXEMPTIONS OF THE EXHIBITION ORGANIZERS
- The Exhibition organizers shall, regarding the management and maintenance of the venue and the safe and smooth operation of the exhibition, take the highest possible care to avoid accidents, such as by deploying security guards around the venue. However, the Exhibition organizers shall bear no liability whatsoever, regardless of the reason, for any loss or damage to the Exhibitor’s exhibited items, decorations or property, nor any loss, damage or accident to the Exhibitor, members of the general public or any other third party due to the actions of Exhibitors.
- The Exhibition organizers shall bear no liability whatsoever for the sale of food, beverages or products conducted by the Exhibitor.
- The Exhibition organizers shall bear no liability whatsoever for damages to the structures or buildings of the exhibition venue arising from negligence or other reasons on the part of the Exhibitor, their Agents or their employees.
- The Exhibition organizers shall bear no liability whatsoever for typographical errors or omissions that have occurred accidentally in any of the exhibition's printed materials, guidebooks or other promotional materials.
- The Exhibition organizers shall bear no liability for any damages caused to the Exhibitor due to a cancellation of the exhibition Agreement resulting from a breach of obligations by the Exhibitor concerned. Moreover, the use of the booths and space concerned shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Exhibition organizers.
- The Exhibition organizers shall bear no responsibility for divergence of opinion, trouble, or political controversy between exhibitors.
- With regard to the Online Business Meetings, the Exhibition organizers shall bear no responsibility regardless
of the reasons attributable to Exhibitor organizers when the Online Business Meetings Exhibitor cannot use the
Online Business Meetings systems and other systems (hereinafter referred to as the “systems”) or the use of the
systems is hindered due to one of the following cases.
- When the provider of services for the systems conducts maintenance, inspections, repairs, improvements, expansion, or similar activities;
- When a reason outlined in clause 1 in the preceding article arises;
- When there is an operation mistake or unauthorized access by the Online Business Meetings Exhibitor or third parties;
- When it is necessary to reboot the equipment or software used by the systems;
- When an excessive load is applied on the systems, such as significant increases in access frequency;
- When another adverse event outlined in the preceding items occurs.
Article 13: OBLIGATIONS AND EXEMPTIONS OF THE EXHIBITOR
- Once payment of the exhibition fee set forth in Article 5 is complete, the Exhibitor shall be allowed to prepare their exhibit for the exhibition. If the exhibition fee is not paid, the Exhibitor will not be issued an exhibitor pass or vehicle pass, nor will they be able to purchase advertising media or apply for the rental equipment necessary for construction and preparation.
- If the Exhibitor conducts exhibition preparations through an advertising agency or other intermediary, the Exhibitor shall bear responsibility for paying for services provided by the Exhibition organizers.
- The Exhibitor shall strictly adhere to all relevant regulations, including the safety and fire regulations applicable to the exhibition venue.
- The Exhibitor shall cooperate in the safe and smooth operation of the exhibition and follow any instructions from the Exhibition organizers.
- During the period of the exhibition, the Exhibitor shall assign personnel to run the exhibit, and the booth must not be left unattended during opening times. Moreover, regardless of whether or not the Exhibitor puts on an exhibit, they shall not be exempt from their obligations as an exhibitor or their obligation to pay the exhibition fee.
- In the event the Exhibitor receives a question, report request or notification from the Exhibition organizers regarding matters in the event manual or guidelines concerning the construction or operation of their booth necessary for the smooth operation of the exhibition, the Exhibitor shall answer appropriately or comply with the notification.
- The Exhibitor shall bear any costs related to the loading and unloading of exhibit items and other exhibit-related objects. After the end of this exhibition or in the event that this Agreement is annulled, canceled or finishes for any other reason, the Exhibitor shall return their allotted booth to its original state and return it to the Exhibition organizers.
- Responsibility for restoring the booth to its original state as outlined in the preceding clause, as well as any costs incurred doing so, shall be borne by the Exhibitor. In the event the Exhibitor does not restore their booth to its original state as outlined in the preceding clause, the Exhibition organizers may restore the booth to its original state at Exhibitor's expense.
- In the event that possessions belonging to the Exhibitor, an employee of the Exhibitor, or anyone other than the Exhibition organizers are left in the booth concerned after it is vacated, it shall be deemed that the Exhibitor has relinquished ownership of those possessions. The Exhibition organizers shall reserve the right to dispose of the possessions concerned as they see fit at the expense of the Exhibitor without the prior consent of the Exhibitor.
- The Exhibitor, regardless of the reason, shall make absolutely no claims for payments such as the repayment of necessary costs or additional expenses spent on the building or installation of their allotted booth, the purchase of the building or installation of the booth, the payment of transfer fees, payment to vacate the booth or key money.
- In the event that the Exhibition organizers incur damages due to the Exhibitor's failure to vacate their booth even after the date specified by the Exhibition organizers, the Exhibitor shall be liable to pay compensation for these damages to the Exhibition organizers.
- The Exhibitor shall understand the purpose of this exhibition as developing tourism, and shall strictly refrain from any political statements concerning religion, race, national borders, history, etc., nor make any criticisms or attacks on other countries.
Article 14: CONFIDENTIALITY
- The Exhibitor shall closely manage and store all confidential information regarding the operation and business of the Exhibition organizers learned through this Agreement, and shall not disclose or leak this information to a third party during the period of the Agreement or even after the termination of this Agreement, without obtaining the prior written consent of the Exhibition organizers.
Article 15: HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Should the Exhibitor obtain any personal information through their exhibit, etc., they shall adhere strictly to the Personal Information Protection Law and other related laws and regulations. Specifically, should the Exhibitor provide any personal information to a third party, they shall obtain the consent of the individual or individuals concerned. In the event that a dispute arises between the Exhibitor and the individual or individuals concerned in personal information that is obtained, managed or operated through the exhibit, etc., the dispute shall be settled and discussed between the two parties, and the Exhibition organizers shall not bear any responsibility for this matter.
- The Exhibition organizers may exchange information on the Exhibitors’ with other exhibitors to the extent necessary to hold and operate the exhibition. Furthermore, the Exhibitor shall agree to receive information regarding the services of cooperating companies specified by the Exhibition organizers for the planning and operation of the exhibition.
Article 16: REVISIONS AND ADDITIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
- Concerning matters not covered in this Agreement and any questions that arise concerning their interpretation, both the Exhibitor and the Exhibition organizers shall strive to resolve the matter in good faith. In the event that a resolution cannot be reached through negotiation between the two parties, the Exhibitor shall abide by the decision of the Exhibition organizers. If it is deemed to be necessary, the Exhibition organizers reserve the right to make revisions or additions to this Agreement after notifying the Exhibitors.
Article 17: COMPLIANCE WITH THE EXHIBITION GUIDELINES
- The exhibition guidelines provided to the Exhibitor by the Exhibition organizers following application shall be an extension of this Agreement and shall apply to both the Exhibition organizers and the Exhibitor.
Article 18: DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- This Agreement and its rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, and the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance over any dispute relating to this Agreement.
Article 1: Agreement to this Agreement
- This is an agreement regarding the use of “Tourism EXPO Japan System” (hereinafter referred to as “the System”) web services for taking the procedures to issue admission tickets and other services to Tourism EXPO Japan (hereinafter referred to as “the Exhibition”).
- The System is provided by Japan Travel and Tourism Association and Japan Association of Travel Agents (hereinafter referred to as “the Exhibition Organizers”).
- In using this System, the user (hereinafter referred to as “the Registrant”) agrees to the terms of this Agreement.
Article 2: Content of this System
- The Exhibition Organizers shall provide the following services regarding the System:
- The procedures for purchasing admission tickets to the Exhibition and the issuing of the admission tickets;
- Information regarding the holding of the Exhibition.
- The Registrant can utilize the System until the end of the year.
Article 3: Registration
- Upon agreeing to this Agreement, people wishing to use the System shall apply for registration according to the method stipulated by the Exhibition Organizers and their registration will be completed once the Exhibition Organizers approve it.
- In the event the Exhibition Organizers deem any of the following apply to the person wishing to use the System,
they may reject their application for registration:
- The person reports a statement that is false when applying for registration;
- The person is someone who has previously violated the terms of the Agreement;
- The person is an anti-social force as defined in clause 1 of Article 15;
- The Exhibition Organizers judge that the person does not qualify for registration for any other reason.
Article 4: Account Management
- In the event the System is used by entering the ID and password that the Registrant has registered, the Exhibition Organizers shall deem that the Registrant themself is using the System and any outcomes arising from that use and any responsibility thereof shall lie with the Registrant.
- The Registrant themself shall be responsible for strictly managing the ID and password for using this System.
- Should the Registrant lose or forget their ID or password, they shall follow the procedures for reissuing them using the method stipulated by the Exhibition Organizers.
- The Registrant shall be issued only one ID.
Article 5: System Requirements
- The Registrant must connect to the internet in order to use this System.
- The Registrant must connect to the internet after preparing the computing devices, software, and other items necessary at their own expense and the Exhibition Organizers have no involvement in connecting or related aspects whatsoever.
Article 6: Handling of Personal Information
Article 7: Suspension of System Use
Registrants understand and agree in advance that when any of the following circumstances arise, they might not be able to use the System or they will experience difficulties in using it:
- The system is being maintained, inspected, serviced, or expanded;
- The Registrant or a third party mishandles the System or accesses it without authorization;
- It becomes necessary to reactivate the equipment or software used by the System;
- An excessive load or other detrimental condition is imposed on the System such as when there is a significant increase in the number of access attempts;
- External systems that are used by the Exhibition Organizers to provide the System cannot be utilized due to the items;
- Circumstances corresponding to the preceding items in this article.
Article 8: Prohibited Actions
- In using the System, the Registrant is prohibited from carrying out any of the following actions:
- Infringing upon the property, reputation, privacy, or other similar items of the Exhibition Organizers or third parties or doing anything that might incur such risk;
- Causing incumbrances or financial loss to be imposed on the Exhibition Organizers or third parties or actions that might incur the risk of such;
- Spreading computer viruses or using harmful programs or actions that induce such;
- Causing of excessive load on the infrastructure and equipment used by the System;
- Attacking the Exhibition Organizers servers, systems, or security;
- Violating the law as well as public order and morals, or actions that incur the risk of such;
- Preventing the Exhibition Organizers from conducting their business or damaging their credibility;
- Violation of this Agreement;
- Other actions the Exhibition Organizers may deem inappropriate.
- In the event the Exhibition Organizers or third parties incur loss due to actions of the Registrant that violate the items in the preceding clause or this Agreement, the Registrant shall bear responsibility at their own expense for compensating them for their losses.
Article 9: Measures to Suspend Usage>
- When the Exhibition Organizers deem that the Registrant has taken actions corresponding to any of the items in the preceding article, they may take measures to suspend their use of the entire System or a portion of the System (later referred to as “Measures to Suspend Usage”) without prior warning or notification.
- The Registrant may not lodge any objections to the Measures to Suspend Usage.
Article 10: Cancellation of Registration
Should the Registrant take any action corresponding to the following, the Exhibition Organizers may cancel the registration of the Registrant without prior notification and invalidate their ID and password.
- Actions corresponding to any of the items in Article 8;
- It is deemed the Registrant has made untrue statements;
- The Registrant does not pay the admission fee;
- The Registrant is an anti-social force as defined in clause 1 of Article 15;
- Any other action corresponding to the preceding items in this article.
Article 11: Disclaimers
Exhibition Organizers shall bear no responsibility for any loss occurring through the Registrant’s use or the unavailability of the System, except for willful or gross negligence on the part of the Exhibition Organizers. Furthermore, even in the event the Exhibition Organizers bear responsibility, the extent of that responsibility shall be limited to the direct and normal loss incurred by the Registrant.
Article 12: Changes and Other Modifications to the System
The Exhibition Organizers may change, supplement or remove aspects of the System and the Registrant shall agree to the same.
Article 13: Revisions of the Agreement and Similar Matters
- The Exhibition Organizers may revise the content of this Agreement without prior notification to the Registrant,
should any of the following circumstances apply. In such an event, the Agreement reflecting the changes shall be
in effect with regard to the use of the System after the revisions.
- The changes to this Agreement conform to the general best interests of the Registrant;
- The changes to this Agreement do not conflict with the service objectives of the System and are reasonable in light of the necessity of the changes, the appropriateness of the content of the changes after being effected, and other circumstances regarding the changes.
- In the event the Exhibition Organizers revise this Agreement, they shall provide notification about the revisions by posting them on their website and the efficacy of such shall begin at the point the Exhibition Organizers made the posting.
Article 14: Prohibition Against Transfer
The Registrant may not transfer the rights or obligations based on this Agreement to third parties without the prior written consent of the Exhibition Organizers and cannot pledge them as collateral.
Article 15: Renunciation of Antisocial Forces
- The Registrant represents and warrants that at the current time, or any time in the future, they are not an antisocial force (criminal organization, member of a criminal organization, has not been a member of such for the past 5 years, a member of a criminal syndicate, a company affiliated with a criminal organization, a stockholders’ meeting extortionist, or a group engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns or political activities or a crime group specialized in intellectual crimes and any other people who are equivalent to these). Furthermore, the Registrant further represents and warrants that they do not become involved in the use of violence, fraud, and intimidation, nor actions that obstruct business and affirm that the aforementioned will not apply in the future:
- Should the Registrant violate the declaration in the preceding clause, their registration shall be canceled and they will be subject to claims for damage compensation.
Article 16: Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court or Tokyo Summary Court in the first instance.
April 1, 2022
Personal Information Protection Policy for Tourism EXPO Japan
1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information shall refer to information related to living individuals that applies to one of the following.
- Information that can identify specific individuals according to the names, dates of birth or other descriptions, etc. contained in the said information (This shall include information that can be easily compared with other information to identify specific individuals)
- Information that contains a personal identification code
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Exhibition Organizers shall acquire personal information by appropriate and fair means within the extent necessary for the purposes of use indicated in the next article.
3. Purposes of Using Personal Information
- The Exhibition Organizers shall use the personal information they acquire to the extent necessary to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide information and conduct surveys for participating in and preparing for the exhibitions, conferences, business meetings and other programs planned and implemented at Tourism EXPO Japan;
- To contact exhibitors and customers participating in Tourism EXPO Japan;
- To provide the various services implemented at Tourism EXPO Japan;
- To provide information about the business meetings, seminars, and other events related to tourism;
- To provide other information regarding tourism.
- The Exhibition Organizers shall use the personal information they already possess only for the same purpose of use. When collecting personal information described in documents etc., the Exhibition Organizers shall specify the purpose of use of that each time.
4. Appropriate Management of Personal Information
- The Exhibition Organizers shall appoint a Personal Information Manager and shall clarify the roles of that position. The Personal Information Manager shall prepare an environment in which it is possible to conduct activities relating to personal information protection appropriately. It shall be possible to contact the Personal Information Manager via the inquiries counter given below.
- The Exhibition Organizers shall always keep the personal information that they acquire in an accurate and up-to-date state. The Exhibition Organizers shall take reasonable safety measures, inject management resources that match the actual situation of business and continually improve the personal information security structure to prevent unauthorized access of the personal information database etc., and the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal data. Moreover, the Exhibition Organizers shall promptly take corrective action if a leak or other incident occurs.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Exhibition Organizers shall not provide personal information to third parties without acquiring the consent of the customer in advance. However, this shall not apply in the cases listed below.
- When required by laws/ordinances
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound development of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When it is necessary to cooperate in the performance of work stipulated in laws/ordinances by a national institution, local public organization or another body entrusted by such, and when there is a risk of hindering the performance of that work by obtaining the consent of the customer
6. Outsourcing of Personal Information Processing
The Exhibition Organizers may outsource some of the operations related to the processing of personal information to provide even better services to customers. In this case, the Exhibition Organizers shall select outsourcers recognized as being those that appropriately handle personal information. The Exhibition Organizers shall then determine the matters necessary for the appropriate management and maintenance of confidentiality, etc. of personal information with the said outsourcers and then ensure the said outsourcers conduct appropriate management of personal information that is equal or greater than that of the Exhibition Organizers in a contract, etc.
7. Disclosure and Correction, etc. of Personal Information
In the event a request has been received from a customer or his/her representative for the disclosure, revision, suspension of use, deletion or suspension of provision to third parties of the personal information possessed by the Exhibition Organizers, they shall comply with that request within a reasonable extent. However, this shall not apply in the event there is a risk that doing so will impair the life, body, property or other interests of the customer or a third party, in the event that doing so will considerably interfere with the performance of operations by the Exhibition Organizers, or in the event that doing so will violate other laws/ordinances. In the event it is not possible to comply with part or all of the said request, the Exhibition Organizers shall explain the reasons for that.
8. Other Precautions
- The handling of personal information and the information and services provided in the event transferring to a site operated by a third party from a link or a banner, etc. on this site is operated by rules independent from the Exhibition Organizers. Therefore, the Exhibition Organizers shall accept no responsibility for that.
- The Exhibition Organizers shall strive to post information as accurate as possible in regards to the contents and information on this site. However, the contents and information may be incorrect or out-of-date. The Exhibition Organizers shall accept no responsibility for damages etc. suffered by customers from the contents posted on this site.
9. Compliance with Laws/Ordinances etc.
The Exhibition Organizers shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws/ordinances and regulations. In addition, the Exhibition Organizers shall ensure this policy complies with laws/ordinances and regulations and then handle personal information in line with the stipulated matters.
Revised: July 1, 2018
Revised: June 1, 2017
Revised: March 21, 2014
Address: Zen-Nittsu Kasumigaseki Bldg 4F. 3-3-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0013, JAPAN
Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays